An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Falls Prevention Service in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire. As a Falls Prevention Health Trainer, you will help to reduce falls and fall-related injuries within Cambridgeshire.
- In line with NICE guidance and the local community level falls prevention pathway, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based multifactorial falls risk assessments and interventions for adults 65+ at risk of falling or who report a fall
- Deliver group based strength and balance classes (Falls Management Exercise (FaME)) to contribute to a reduction in falls and falls-related injuries.
- To play an active preventative role across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by spreading the message of the importance of strength and balance exercises and other evidence-based falls prevention activities.
- Be familiar with working with older individuals and knowledgeable of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing fall risk factors: healthy eating, increasing physical activity levels, and balance and strength training
- Creative and pro-active with strong planning, time management, empathy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in delivering falls prevention activity in groups and through 1:1 exercise advice
- Experienced in promoting and engaging individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
- Flexible with a full UK licence and access to a car for work
- Have recognised qualifications relevant to the role e.g., RSPH, City & Guilds and YMCA / REPs endorsed strength, balance and Chair Based Exercise qualifications.
Who we are:
Healthy You provided by Everyone Health – We are a free service for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough residents who are looking to make changes to their lifestyle. Commissioned and funded by Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council, we are here to help with every aspect of your health, fitness and wellbeing, with all of our FREE programmes proven to have long term benefits.
So, whether you want help to stop smoking, lead a more active lifestyle, lose some weight, or prevent falls, Healthy You can help you.
Everyone Health Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the adults, young people and children who use the services. All staff have a responsibility to report any identified concerns of abuse or exploitation through the appropriate route in line with the respective policies and procedures.