This policy is effective from 31st March 2018.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process information provided when filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to these. Finally, we may record details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access. The personal details we may collect include;
- Name, job title and occupation
- Contact information including email address(s), postal address, mobile telephone number and home/work telephone number
- Date of birth
- Medical / Learning Requirements
- Previous/current qualifications relating to training eligibility.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with services related to participation on our training courses, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Internal record keeping.
- Invoicing purposes.
We will never share your information with any other third parties except those listed below, and this would only ever be for internal business requirements;
- Count Accountants (our accountants)
- Expert IT Solutions (our IT Support Team)
- Modus Scotland (our Database support team)
- Demokritos (our e-learning provider)
- GM Design (our Website Administrator)
- MailChimp (Names and email addresses only for customer mailshots)
- Survey Monkey (Names and email addresses only for customer surveys)
- Santander (Names and bank account details)
- Xero (our accounting software)
- CIMSPA (Professional Development Body)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
We will keep your information stored in our database indefinitely for training record purposes.
We will also hold copies of electronic invoices indefinitely to maintain business records – such invoices may contain a postal address and email address.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold for you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for mailing campaign purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- You may withdraw consent for Later Life Training Ltd to use your personal data at any time. As noted above, your information will still be retained indefinitely on our database for training record purposes.
- You have the right to request a correction to information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if we fail in our obligations to protect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.